Effective Date: July 28, 2016
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. When you register as a user of the Sites, we collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, date of birth, username, password and certain demographic information (such as your gender). In addition, the Sites permit you to reach out to us via our Contact Us form, through which you may provide to us your name, email address and any information you choose to provide in the text of your message. For example, you may choose to provide your phone number or other information necessary or helpful for us to address your query or concern.
Geolocation Information. Additionally, the BoxJump mobile app allows you to search for nearby affiliated gyms. This feature requires you to allow BoxJump to utilize global positioning system (“GPS”) technology to ascertain the physical location of your mobile device or other technology device on which the BoxJump mobile app has been downloaded to inform you of affiliated gyms in proximity thereto. If you do not allow the BoxJump mobile app to access such GPS function, you will not be able to use such feature of the mobile app.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Sites, we may log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Sites, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Sites.
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Sites. This type of information is collected to make the Sites more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
BoxJump keeps track of the web pages our users visit within the Sites, in order to determine what BoxJump services are the most popular. Please note, however, we do not engage in the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services. Accordingly, we do not currently process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other mechanisms that provide consumers with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third party websites. Further, we have not knowingly authorized third parties to collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Sites.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services you may request.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties. We share your information only with our affiliates and services providers or as otherwise described herein in order to provide you with our services. We may also share personal information as follows:
- We may share certain personal information with our affiliated gyms in order to facilitate a particular visit and/or any future visits to such gym.
- We may share personal information with your explicit consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may, in the future, be part of a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding. The personally identifiable information we obtain from you via the Sites may be disclosed to any potential or actual purchasers of such assets and/or may be among those assets transferred.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
THIRD PARTY PAYMENT PROCESSORS
BoxJump uses Braintree, a division of PayPal, Inc., for payment processing. If you choose to purchase a visit to one of our affiliated gyms via the Site, you may be required to provide personally identifiable information to Braintree or other third party payment processors we may engage for the purpose of facilitating the payment for your visit. We do not store such information on our servers, and thus, the privacy of such information is subject to the privacy policies and procedures of Braintree or any such other third party payment processors. We do, however, maintain for our records the last four digits and expiration date of your credit card.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out” of receiving future communications from us. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may request from us a copy of the personal information in our records through our Contact Information below. You can also request to change contact choices and update your personal information via such Contact Information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Sites with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Sites work for you.
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 6501-06 and 16 C.F.R. §§ 312.1-312.12, we do not knowingly collect information from children. BoxJump does not permit children under 16 years of age to register for an account with the Sites. If you register for an account with our Sites, you represent (i) you are over 18 years of age, or (ii) you are the parent or legal guardian of a child between the ages of 16 and 18. As used herein, “you” refers to all users of the Sites over the age of 16, and the parent/guardian of users between the ages of 16 and 18, as applicable.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND ADVERTISEMENTS
BoxJump may reference or provide links to third party websites, services or products, including through third party advertisements. BoxJump does not control and is not responsible for the third party websites or for the privacy policies or information practices of third parties or their websites. You should review the privacy policies applicable to such third party websites and services.
You may contact us at our address:
BoxJump Technologies LLC
222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza
Chicago, Illinois 60654
Or via email at: